Things to Do
St. Michael's Mount (National Trust), known as 'the Jewel in Cornwall's crown', is just 300 metres from St Michael's B & B. The Mount can be reached at low tide by the famous cobbled causeway and at high tide by local ferry boatmen.
Water sports, including sailing with Mounts Bay Sailing Club, SUP (stand up paddle boarding) and sea fishing are catered for in Marazion and for those who like more extreme sports, the sandy beach and clean waters provide excellent wind surfing and kite surfing.
For walkers, the south west coastal path with miles of stunning scenery and hidden beaches runs past our door. Prussia Cove is close by and from the cliffs at Porthcurno you can sometimes see seals and basking sharks. Bikes can be hired (and delivered to you) from Lands End Cycle Hire based in Longrock.
- Penzance. 3.9 miles / 12 minutes by car, 1 hour walking. Shops, pubs and restaurants, banks, supermarkets, railway station, harbour, fishing trips.
- Penlee House Gallery and Museum. 5.1 miles / 13 minutes by car. Paintings of the Newlyn School.
- Newlyn. 6.3 miles / 14 minutes by car. Art gallery, harbour.
- St Ives. 8.1 miles / 20 minutes by car, approx 45 minutes by train from Penzance. Harbour and beaches. Many small art galleries and Tate St Ives and the Barbara Hepworth Museum and Sculpture Garden.
- Mousehole. 8.3 miles / 21 minutes by car. Harbour, bathing beach, pubs, cafes and tea shops, art galleries.
- Porthleven. 8.5 miles / 16 minutes by car. Harbour, restaurants, coastal walks.
- Lamorna. 9.5 miles /25 minutes by car. Pottery and tea room, beach, coastal walks.
- Merry Maidens. 10.1 miles / 24 minutes by car. Neolithic stone circle monument.
- Sennen Cove. 13.0 miles / 26 minutes by car. Wide sandy beach, surfing, harbour.
- Porthcurno. 13.5 miles / 32 minutes by car. Beach, Telegraph Museum, cliff walks.
- Minack Open air Theatre. Up the cliff from Porthcurno, parking available at the top.
- The Lizard. 21.1 miles / 40 minutes by car. Lighthouse, cafes, serpentine gift shops, coastal walks